Monday, November 9, 2009

underneath




*
today I am milking stars from my bones
in the clink and clank of the coffee shop
i don my diving bell of dreams and sink
under the chatter
imperceptibly
only true jedis can get under the tiles
while a bus wheezes and the man to the left sneezes
and the city breathes its dirty secrets loudly
into every ear and the homeless man groans
I go deep beneath the city streets
under their hot grumbling drone
beneath the mumbles and moans
digging deeply into dirt and stones
inhaling the marrow of fallen sparrows and 
quiet bones
I paw freely into earth's belly with bare hands
scavenging ravaging
feathers death blood fur shit claws sand
I press into the silent pulse
then raise my head for air --
a blink is all you see on the surface of my 
soft stare
these words tangled in my hair
I return
and reach for my coffee
* 


artwork by hans haveron

3 comments:

  1. i enjoyed that. alot. thanks for being a good sharer laura.

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing work whiley woman. sharply chiseled to enact it's most poignant impact. I am wowed. And touched. And send you a friendly wink across lonely skies to add to your yeses when the questions ponder otherwise.

    ReplyDelete