Sunday, September 20, 2009

Do we have to call it A Blog?!

Blog.
Such an unromantic word. Ugh.
A bit ugly even.... I wonder about it's origin.

Of course I could look it up on Google and get to the root of it quite quickly I'm sure. But that's the thing with the internet... it's like the twist a plot that never ends... ADD's best friend. One moment you sit down with a clear goal and the next moment you're on YouTube watching somebody's dog in Indiana peeing on a Christmas tree.

But I'm not gonna do it!

Because..... I am here .....

to Blog.

Why?

Well, we'll start with the fact that I am in San Francisco twiddling my thumbs wondering what comes next.... dreaming up new chapters.... weaving loose visions of my new life in Brooklyn where I am writing profusely and creating art non-stop when I am not busy as a successful owner/operator of my own teleprompting company. I figure this life of art and writing will eventually grow and transform into a wildly acclaimed book of some sort which will of course lead to the next chapter where I steal away for 2 months at time to quiet, quaint huts in the tropics where I work on creative projects (probably a book and lots of poetry and also maybe my next clothing line) to the sound of wild animals hooting and hollaring in the breeze. By this time I will have sold my teleprompting equipment and will be living a full spectrum life of pure art, music, dancing, beauty and love. And of course I'll have my personal assistant taking care of the nitty gritty details of life such as car registration and library fines so those unrefined, dull tasks don't sully my art with foggy hues of dishwater gray and such.

And did I mention that I am reading Julie and Julia?
Yes it's true.

And just like the thousands of sturdy, feisty, inspired gals that joined boxing gyms after viewing Million Dollar Baby (being a sturdy, feisty, inspired Missouri native, I too, of course, pondered it for a moment, but was too busy learning trapeze at the time to give boxing the proper focus), I am joining the ranks of the wistful wordy thirty somethings who feel like the beginning of their fabulous writing career (and eventual movie deal of COURSE) just might begin right here online in cyberspace where so many miracles seem to be happening these days...

like it did for the woman who wrote Julie and Julia for example....

that maybe anything is possible even at the age of 35...

that maybe now I finally might a have a thing or two to say worth listening to ....

and that maybe it's okay to begin to spell it all out before I have it all figured out.

So okay...

I write a lot of poetry.
I constantly juggle a lot of philosophical thoughts around in my head.
I ingest copious amounts of delicious poetry these days that I love to share.
I pay attention.
I am often confused.
I am often amazed.
I find myself shrugging and laughing a lot.
I know less and less and less.
I love words. I play with them regularly.
I dream of compiling a book of "awakening" stories and paradigm shifts that will include my own.
I am dating... which provides me with anecdotes for at least one book.
I am changing.

And this will be the little cybernook where I begin to doodle and trace these things into words.
Anything from this list and beyond might appear.
And you are invited along in my meanderings ... even if you might be already completely overwhelmed by this New Age of Too Much Information (which I freely admit that I am).

Let the blogging begin... (until I think up a nicer word for it).
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment