Monday, September 21, 2009

Lovespell

I fold this spell into the shape of kiss, reach for your wrist, place it in your outstretched hand.
Eye contact.
Kiss unfolds to reveal a map.  Of my heart.
Click "street view" and we're on your stoop
drinking tea
smiling sweet
pondering the origin of the breeze
lamenting the decline in picnicing.

If I was beside you on your stoop, would you feel inspired to court me old school?
Bring me flowers and bouquets of sweet words
inspired verse
trace my neck with whispered words?

run ahead of me to open car doors?
I wouldn't settle for less
but would consider settling for more.

For you, I'll let down my hair and wear pretty skirts
make you soup with love and sweet desserts
stitch your name on your bowling shirt ;-)
cuddle you fiercely
love you dearly
sing your name clearly ... out of tune but endearing.

But....
what did you say your name is, dear?
I couldn't quite hear.
Are you near?
I know you're there
just not sure exactly where.

So for now I'll just tuck this note behind my ear....
tend to my garden
keep weeding out the fear
grow my heart bigger
wait for you here.....

casting spells
hoping you'll hear.

2 comments:

  1. AWWWWWW, I am in awe. YES this is the perfect prose, each and every word divine and dear. I am wowed. And impressed and definetly and fan. I will follow you here. Keep me in your blog loop.
    LOVE IT. so true and touching. heartfelt, Hilz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you honey!!!! You're always so generous with your praise and support! I've been writing so much this year I figured it'd be good to have a place to put it besides folded up in a book on my shelf.

    I hope your celebration last weekend was sweet and full of color and warmth and love. I'm so happy for you and Ash! Big love to you sister! ;-)

    ReplyDelete