Tuesday, September 29, 2009

more sappy honey from my beehive heart

...............


Another love poem?!  This is what happens when you exist on a steady diet of Pablo Neruda.  You turn into a complete sap.

I had a close encounter last weekend with a close encounter from last summer.  I always knew he wasn't My Man, but nonetheless, even to this day, every time our paths cross,  my heart leaps and my instinct is to love him.  For no logical reason.

But of course these things are never logical....



my instinct has always been to love you. 
upon seeing you, in the flash before conscious thought,
before we engage in the ritual dance of hi’s and hellos,
my heart brightens, turns toward you and beams …
and my awareness follows…
it’s you.

you are a color I have never seen
you are a word only heard in distant dreams
you
a dark silvery shadow
a partial eclipse
half hidden
deep eyes
closed lips
you
a whisper half heard
a glint that flashed and faded
and left me holding songs for you
and appetites unsated
you
and your heart half shaded

we parted ways
the sun shuddered,
swayed,
dimmed,
sighed
and in time
continued to shine
the moon slowly blinked 17 times
and now when we meet
my heart still opens wide
even though you’ve long since retreated with the tide

but now I just smile
and simply say
hi
you

No comments:

Post a Comment